Ingredients for vegetarian spaghetti bolognese: spaghetti seitanese with vegetarian seitan mince
- 2 Veggie Mince
- 1 large onion
- 1 red pepper
- a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (Amanprana)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Flamuno or Immuno Botanico-mix (Amanprana)
- 4 large tomatoes
- fresh ground pepper
- a pinch of fleur de sel (Amanprana)
Preparation of vegetarian spaghetti bolognese: spaghetti seitanese with vegetarian seitan mince
- This is a very easy pasta sauce.
- Separate the mince as described on the packet.
- Cut the onion and the pepper into thin half rings.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil and fry the onion and pepper rings.
- Crush the garlic and add this to the vegetables, when tender.
- Lower the heat.
- Add the seasoning mix and simmer gently.
- Stir regularly, so that the herbs do not become burnt or scorched.
- Mix the seitan into the sauce and continue simmering gently.
- Cut the tomatoes into cubes.
- Add these and simmer for a further 45 minutes.
- Season with a little pepper and fleur de sel.
Tip of Serge:
This recipe is the perfect basic recipe for a vegetarian bolognese sauce.
A bolognese sauce where the mince is replaced with vegetarian mince made from seitan. This mince is a great basic mince which you can season to suit your own tastes.
Want to make the sauce even yummier? Stir in a little parmesan cheese and let it melt into the sauce. (NB: Parmesan is not vegan.) You can shorten the cooking time for this recipe by using a yummy tomato passata instead of fresh tomatoes. For a bit of variety, top off the sauce with some basil.