Ingredients for vegetarian recipe for meatloaf made from seitan mince
- 1 or 2 red onions
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 yellow or red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil (Amanprana)
- 1 Veggie Mince
- 50 g of coconut fibres (Amanprana)
- 200 g of grated Cheddar cheese or another strong-tasting cheese
- 200 g of mushrooms
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Adapto Botanico-mix (Amanprana)
- 200 g of tomato sauce
- a pinch of fleur de sel (Amanprana)
- black pepper
Preparation of vegetarian recipe for meatloaf made from seitan mince
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C.
- Finely chop the onions, garlic and pepper. Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan and simmer the vegetables.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix the coconut fibres, minced seitan, cheese, mushrooms, eggs and herbs into the hot vegetables.
- Pour this mixture into a baking tin (for a long cake, for example). Press everything firmly into place and pour the tomato sauce on top.
- Bake the meatloaf in the preheated oven for about an hour and a half.
- When the meatloaf is cooked, remove it from the oven.
- You can tell if it is cooked by pricking with a fork, which, when removed, should have nothing sticking to it if the meatloaf is ready.
- Place a plate on top of the baking tin and turn it over, so that the loaf falls out onto the plate.
- Cut into slices, according to your preference, and serve.
Tip of Chantal:
Yummiest meatloaf with Bertyn’s Veggie Seitan Mince
This recipe is a delicious alternative to a traditional meatloaf recipe. Perfect for cooking in the weekend, for special occasions or just a traditional family meal. This vegetarian meatloaf always tastes great! The recipe is made using Bertyn seitan vegetarian mince. There are so many different variations on meatloaf but we think this is the yummiest vegetarian meatloaf ever!