Ingredients for fondue tempura vegetables and seitan in coconut oil
- 1 courgette
- 8 mushrooms
- 1 aubergine
- 1 red pepper
- 8 green asparagus
- Extra virgin Amanprana coconut oil
- 1 Veggie Protein Seitan – Bloc
For the batter
- Japanese breadcrumbs
- 1 cup ice water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg yolk
Preparation of fondue tempura vegetables and seitan in coconut oil
- Cut the vegetables and the seitan into thin slices or 5 cm sticks.
- Make the batter: put the egg yolk in a bowl, stir it together with the water,
- add the flour in one movement, briefly stir to mix everything (the batter does not need to be very smooth). Do not make too much batter at once.
- Then dip the vegetables in the batter and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Deep-fry immediately on 165°C in delicious coconut oil.
Tip of Chantal:
You can also make a marvellous fondue with coconut oil, frying the vegetables in it together with pieces of seitan.