Ingredients for macaroni with vegan cheese sauce and vegetarian bacon made from seitan
- 500 g macaroni
- 250 g Veggie Protein Bloc – Spelt
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke flavouring
For the vegan cheese sauce:
- 150 g new potatoes
- 60 g carrots
- 1 onion
- 250 ml water
- 60 g tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp fleur de sel (Amanprana)
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp chilli
- 100 ml olive oil (Amanprana Verde Salud)
- 4 tbsp yeast flakes
- 1 pinch saffron
Preparation of macaroni with vegan cheese sauce and vegetarian bacon made from seitan
- Chop the potatoes, carrots and onion into small cubes and cook in water until soft.
- Place in a blender with the other ingredients and purée to the consistency of liquid, viscous cheese.
- If the consistency is too stiff, add a little extra olive oil. If it’s too runny, add a few extra yeast flakes and purée again.
- Boil the macaroni until al dente, then place in a casserole dish. Pour the cheese sauce over the macaroni and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 180°C.
- Meanwhile, chop the seitan into small cubes and mix with a tablespoon of liquid smoke. Add the fleur de sel and a pinch of pepper.
- Heat a frying pan and sear the seitan well, until crispy.
- Set aside until the dish is ready to serve.
- When the pasta is ready, sprinkle the seitan pieces over the top and serve immediately. Bon appetit!
Tip of Stefano:
Delicious macaroni with seitan. Vegetarian, vegan and lactose-free
Are you a pasta lover? If you’re a vegan or lactose intolerant, a normal pasta recipe can seem rather boring. But this recipe for a flavourful pasta casserole can be enjoyed in either summer or winter. We’ve replaced the classic spaghetti bolognese and mac and cheese with a delicious macaroni casserole, with vegan cheese sauce and bacon made from seitan. It’s sure to be a new winner in the area of Italian comfort food; everyone in your home will be hooked on it. And with this recipe, you don’t need to pull out all the stops to make a delicious meal. It only takes a short time to get ready and to turn on the oven so you can enjoy this delicious vegan and lactose-free macaroni