Ingredients for mexican stew (incredibly easy)
- 1 large onion
- a drizzle of red palm oil (Amanprana)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- a pinch of fleur de sel (Amanprana)
- 1 Veggie Protein Bloc – Spelt
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
Preparation of mexican stew (incredibly easy)
- Cut the onion into rings and fry them in the red palm oil until they become a light gold colour.
- Add the cayenne pepper, chilli powder, oregano, cumin powder and fleur de sel. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Chop the seitan finely and cut the peppers into strips.
- Add them to the herbs in the pan.
- Fry until sufficiently cooked, continuing to stir. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes into 8 pieces and chop the garlic finely.
- Add these to the seitan- herb mix and steam-cook everything under a lid.
- Top with a generous quantity of fresh coriander and serve with tacos and guacamole.
Tip of Chantal:
You could also add some cooked kidney beans or maize to the Mexican stew.