Ingredients for tasty pumpkin soup with parsley and seitan chips
- 1 medium-size Hokkaido pumpkin
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil (Amanprana Verde Salud)
- 1 tsp Fleur de sel (Amanprana)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp herb mix (Amanprana ORAC Botanico mix)
- 100 g Veggie Protein Bloc
- 1.5 l vegetable bouillon
- 1 bundle of flat-leaf parsley
Preparation of tasty pumpkin soup with parsley and seitan chips
- Preheat the oven to 50-80 °C.
- Cut the seitan very thinly and place on a sheet of baking paper.
- Scatter with fleur de sel, pepper and herb mix and leave in the oven for about 2.5 hours so that it slowly dries.
- If you do not have a convection oven, leave the door slightly ajar so that the moisture can escape.
- When the seitan is done, heat the oven to 250 °C.
- Halve the pumpkin, remove the seeds with a spoon, slice and rub in a little olive oil.
- Season with fleur de sel and pepper and then bake for around 40 minutes in the oven.
- Peel the garlic and fry until golden.
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven and puree together with the vegetable bouillon, the garlic and the other vegetables and then add a generous portion of chopped parsley (do not let it cook).
- Garnish with the dried seitan and serve. Enjoy!
Tip of Stefano:
The Hokkaido pumpkin, packed with flavour and versatile
The Hokkaido pumpkin is also known as red kuri squash, Hubbard squash or by other names. The reason it has so many names is because it is so versatile to use. It is the best-known of the pumpkins we use in the kitchen. Its biggest advantage is its size, and it is not uncommon to find the pumpkins weighing from 0.5 kg to 2-3 kg. Another great benefit is that you can eat it peel and all. Just wash the Hokkaido pumpkin and deseed it, then cube, slice or grate the pumpkin. If you want to store the Hokkaido pumpkin, then cook it before freezing, so that it is ready to use as soon as it is defrosted. The Hokkaido pumpkin in this soup gives it its full-bodied flavour. Together with the parsley and the seitan chips, it is a delicious starter for a dinner party