Ingredients for seitan skewer in hazelnut batter
- 200g Veggie Protein Seitan
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 100g parsnip
- 100g pumpkin flesh
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 2dl water
- 60g hazelnuts
- Salt and pepper
- Coconutoil for frying, Kokovita
Preparation of seitan skewer in hazelnut batter
- Slice the seitan into cubes and drizzle the soya sauce over them. Season with pepper and stir in the seitan.
- Peel the parsnip and pumpkin and cut into cubes.
- Make 4 skewers by alternating the seitan, parsnip and pumpkin cubes.
- Mix the buckwheat flour with the water, salt and pepper.
- Finely grind the hazelnuts and mix them into the buckwheat batter.
- Preheat the frying oil to 170°C.
- Baste the skewers with the mixture so that they are nicely coated on all sides.
- Place the basket in the chip pan and put the skewers straight into the frying oil. Fry the skewers until they are golden brown.
Tip of Miki Duerinck:
Recipe by Miki Duerinck & Kristin Leybaert « Veggie voor starters »