Ingredients for vegetarian chicken fingers
- Fleur de sel (sea salt) or 4-Algae Botanico Spice Mix (Amanprana)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 100 g corn starch
- 6 to 8 tablespoons of water
- 150 g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 550 g Veggie Protein Bloc - Natur
- Coconut oil
Preparation of vegetarian chicken fingers
- Mix the pepper, fleur de sel or 4-Algae spice mix, paprika and corn starch.
- Add water until you get a firm paste.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a bowl or a soup plate.
- Cut the seitan into thick slices of about 2 centimeters thick.
- Then the seitan into cut strips (fingers) with a width of about 2 centimeters.
- Pat the seitan dry.
- First dip the 'fingers' in the starch-spice mixture and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Press dry ingredients into the seitan well and let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the breaded seitan strips in it until they are golden brown. If you want to fry them, use coconut oil.