Ingredients for vegetarian nuggets of seitan with a sweet chili sauce
- 1 Veggie Protein Bloc
- 1tbsp coconut blossom sugar (Gula Java Brut by Amanprana)
- 300g raw cane sugar
- 200ml water
- 2 red chili peppers
- 1 yellow chili pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1000ml coconut oil for frying (Kokovita)
- 100ml lime juice
- Corn starch
- Corn flakes
- Chili powder
- A pinch of black pepper
- A pinch of Fleur de Sel (Amanprana)
Preparation of vegetarian nuggets of seitan with a sweet chili sauce
- Remove the seitan from the wrapping, let it drain in a sieve and gently squeeze out the moisture.
- Cut the seitan into equal sticks of about 3 to 5 cm.
- Sprinkle with Fleur de Sel and pepper and put aside.
- Pour the corn flakes into a bowl and crumble them coarsely with your hands.
- Set aside. Prepare a thick dough of one part flour and one part starch and water which you add little by little.
- Season with a powerful mix of chili powder, paprika, pepper, Fleur de Sel, a dash of lime juice and a tablespoon of coconut blossom sugar.
- For the tasty sweet chili sauce: Peel the cloves of garlic and the onions and cut them into fine cubes.
- Cut the chili peppers in fine slices and bake in a bit of coconut oil with the garlic and the onion until slightly brown.
- Add the coconut blossom sugar and caramelize the mix before deglazing with a bit of water and lime juice.
- Reduce until you get a creamy consistency.
- Season with Fleur de Sel and pepper.
- Let it cool down in a dish.
- Melt the coconut frying oil in a wok.
- Heat the oil to 180°C. Coat the prepared seitan sticks in the flower and then in the corn flakes.
- Finally, fry them one by one until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with the delicious chili sauce.
Tip of Stefano:
No chicken nuggets but nuggets made of seitan, vegetarian and delicious
One way or another, kids love fast food and fast food restaurants. And of course, these restaurants respond to it. It’s not always easy though, if -as a parent- you want your kids to eat healthy. Here’s an ideal recipe that will fix this problem. Which kid can resist delicious nuggets of seitan with a nice and sweet chili sauce?
A healthy variant of the chicken nuggets: with seitan, coconut oil and fresh, healthy ingredients
What exactly is a nugget? A nugget is a piece of vegetable, meat, fish or meat substitute that has been wrapped in a delicious crust coated with breadcrumbs. These are fried or baked and served as a snack. The concept exists since the fifties and has become increasingly popular over the years. Even the schnitzel is in fact a sort of nugget, be it in a slightly different shape. The following recipe shows how the use of seitan, fresh ingredients for the sweet chili sauce and coconut oil to fry the nugget, can turn this well-known fast food recipe into a healthy and responsible version.