- 1 sachet Instant Protein Vegan Mix - 3x 90g Seitan Burger from Bertyn (150 g)
- 120 - 150 ml water
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 big red onion, sliced into rings
- 3 teaspoons of mustard
- 3 thin slices of (vegan) cheese
- 3 brioche burger rolls with sesame seeds
- 2 large gherkins, sliced
- 3 teaspoons of tomato ketchup
For the burger sauce
- ¼ head iceberg lettuce
- 2 full tablespoons (vegan) mayonnaise - make your own vegenaise with this recipe
- 1 full tablespoon of tomato ketchup
How to make the protein-rich vegan burger
- Chop the lettuce leaves into small strips, mix them in a bowl with the rest of the sauce ingredients and season to taste.
- Make the instant protein vegan mix for the burgers as shown on the package.
- Divide the instant mix for the burger into three equal parts and shape them into 3 burgers.
- Put the burgers into a pan, press them flat with a spatula and fry them on both sides in hot extra virgin olive oil until done.
- Then lay a slice of (vegan) cheese on top. Let the cheese melt and then fry the burgers for 1 more minute.
- In the meantime, you can toast the buns that you have sliced in half.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the 3 hamburger buns, add a burger to each bun and a slice of (vegan) cheese and sprinkle the onions and gherkins on top.
- Spread a teaspoon of tomato ketchup and mustard over the top half of the bun.
- Firmly press the upper half of the bun onto the lower half.
Enjoy your protein-rich vegan burger!
Full option vegan burger in 60 seconds!
Tip of Serge:
When you have finished preparing the protein-rich burger and leave it to rest, the buns will absorb a lot of juice, so serve it right away or wrap it in baking paper and leave it to rest for 1 minute so that it becomes nice and sticky.