Ingredients for summery spring roll recipe with seitan, cucumber and black sesame seeds
- 1 Gula Java Chili Protein Tops
- 1 courgette
- 200 g cucumber
- 2 bundles of flat-leaf parsley
- 12 mint leaves
- 12 sheets of rice paper
- 12 tsp fried onion
- 12 tsp sweet and sour sauce
- Black sesame seeds
Preparation of summery spring roll recipe with seitan, cucumber and black sesame seeds
- To make summery spring rolls, first clean the vegetables then cut into small slices and chop up the parsley and mint.
- Separate the rice sheets and moisten with lukewarm water so that they swell.
- Then place them on a moist surface and coat with sweet and sour sauce.
- Then distribute the ingredients onto the sheets.
- Fold up the sides and carefully roll the sheets up.
- Repeat with the other spring rolls.
- When serving, scatter black sesame seeds over the rolls.
- These delicious fresh and summery spring rolls with seitan, cucumber and sesame seed go best with soya sauce and sweet chilli sauce as dips. Enjoy!
Tip of Stefano:
Making spring rolls with rice sheets. An Eastern delicacy
Rice paper originally comes from the Orient. These convenient and thin sheets are made from rice flour, salt and water and when you moisten them they become soft and malleable so you can use them to make attractive rolls, spring rolls or parcels. They can be combined with any flavour or texture, which is why rice paper is so perfect for cooking with.
Rice paper is perfect for spring rolls, fry them in coconut oil for a healthy snack
Rice sheets are easy for quickly making spring rolls. You can fill them with anything you wish, making them perfect for a quick and healthy snack or a varied meal. The wafer-thin rice sheets are available in most Oriental shops, although they are also appearing more frequently in your local supermarket. You can use them to make delicious parcels – serve them with a hot or spicy sauce and you’ll have a real taste sensation. You can fry the spring rolls in a little coconut oil or red palm oil in a wok for a delicious and healthy snack. In this recipe the rice sheets are filled with seitan and tasty fresh and crunchy vegetables and herbs such as courgette, cucumber, mint and parsley. A delicious summery dish that you can make in a jiffy.