Ingredients for bavarian lentil soup recipe with bertyn seitan
- 1 red onion
- Coconut olive red palm oil (Amanprana)
- 1/2 Veggie Protein Seitan – Spelt Bloc or 1 Veggie Protein Seitan – Spelt Steak
- 250 g brown lentils
- Dried juniper berries
- ORAC Botanico-mix spicy (Amanprana)
- Fresh vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove
Preparation of bavarian lentil soup recipe with bertyn seitan
Making a delicious soup out of lentils is child’s play!
- Finely chop the onion and the garlic and soften these in a little coconut-olive-red palm oil.
- Cut the block of seitan into small pieces and fry until nice and brown.
- Add the thoroughly washed lentils. Cover with fresh vegetable stock (ca 1 to 1.5 l) and season the soup with a few juniper berries, a pinch of mace, some thyme, a pinch of cayenne pepper, a pinch of sea salt and a bay leaf.
- Bring this to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for between 30 and 45 minutes, until the lentils are soft.
Tip of Chantal:
Lentil soup is high in fibre and iron and contributes to optimum health
Did you know that lentils are the forgotten superfood?
Lentil soup is not only easy to make, it’s also great for keeping you healthy. Lentils are extremely high in magnesium, folic acid, iron and fibre. Fibre improves digestion and prevents spikes in your blood sugar levels. This means that after eating lentil soup, you’ll feel full for longer and won’t crave sugary foods.