Ingredients for greek moussaka using vegetarian seitan mince
- 2 medium-sized aubergines
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 tomatoes
- a dash of extra virgin olive oil (Amanprana)
- 2 Veggie Mince
- a pinch of Flamuno or Immuno Botanico-mix (Amanprana)
- 2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 20 cl of water
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 tub of Greek yoghurt
- 30 g of feta cheese
- tomato sauce
Preparation of greek moussaka using vegetarian seitan mince
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Rinse the aubergines and rub them dry.
- Prick them in several places with a fork and place them on a baking tray.
- Cook them in the oven for 1 hour, until they have changed colour and are fully roasted.
- In the meantime, steam the potatoes in their skins until they are cooked through.
- Allow to cool and then dice them into small cubes.
- Peel the onion and chop it finely.
- Skin and de-seed the tomatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Heat a dash of olive oil in a pan and sauté the onions. Add the seitan (broken up in advance).
- Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato cubes and season with the seasoning mix and cumin powder.
- Add a little water and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally and add the finely chopped parsley at the end.
- Cut the roasted aubergines in half and spoon out the flesh.
- Season the flesh well with the seasoning mix.
- Place the hot aubergine puree in a heat-proof dish, add the potatoes and cover with the seitan mix.
- Pour over the Greek yoghurt, a little tomato sauce and crumble the feta cheese on top. Serve immediately.
Tip of Chantal:
Cook Greek food at home with this vegetarian moussaka using seitan mince
Are you a fan of Greek food? Greek cuisine is well known for its meat dishes. In this recipe we’ve done something a bit different: it’s Greek food, but without the meat. We’ve created a vegetarian moussaka. This moussaka is made with potatoes, aubergines, and fresh & creamy Greek yoghurt. The moussaka is vegetarian because we’ve used mince made from seitan. This is vegetarian mince of vegetable origin.
you can serve this dish in one big casserole dish (which you can make in advance and slip into the oven just before serving) or in individual glass dishes, one for each person. It makes a perfect snack!