Ingredients for oven dish with brussels sprouts, seitan and cashew nuts
- 1 kilo fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 Veggie Protein Bloc
- 1tbsp spice mix (ORAC Botanico-Mix of Amanprana)
- 200g peeled cashew nuts
- Fleur de Sel
Preparation of oven dish with brussels sprouts, seitan and cashew nuts
- Clean the sprouts, take a sauce pan with generously salted water and bring to a boil. Cook the Brussels sprouts for 5 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water and put aside..
- Then preheat the oven at 200 °, cut the seitan in fillet-like strips and mix it with the Brussels sprouts in an baking dish, add Fleur de Sel.
- Put the peeled cashew nuts in a blender and mash adding a pinch of salt as well as the spice mix. Keep adding bits of water to get a creamy sauce.
- Add the sauce to the mix of Brussels sprouts and seitan and sprinkle with the bread crumbs
- Place the dish in the oven for approx. 45 minutes until the top layer has become golden brown and the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve when still warm and…enjoy !
Tip of Stefano:
An oven dish with Brussels sprouts
88gr Brussels sprouts, the average amount a man or woman will eat in a full meal with Brussels sprouts. This will provide them with twice as much vitamin K as the recommended daily allowance. Moreover, the Brussels sprout contains loads of vitamin C, potassium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, protein, tryptophan and fiber. A real laundry list. So this oven dish with seitan and Brussels sprouts is really an excellent and deliberate choice.
Buying and preparing the sprouts
Want to make Brussels sprouts? Brussels sprouts belong to the family of cabbages. Fresh Brussels sprouts are beautifully fresh green with a white bottom. If they show brown specks or yellow brown edges or if the outer leaves are loosening, they’re no longer that fresh. By them when they are green and firm, and you will fully enjoy their exquisite taste. Don’t overcook them, which will make them bitter and difficult to digest.