- 1 small courgette
- 2 wrap tortillas
- 1 generous spoonful olive tapenade or red pesto
- 1 small tomato
- 1 ball mozzarella or 50 g grated cured cheese
- Pinch of ground chilli or Orac Botanico mix spicy (Amanprana)
- extra virgin olive oil, Verde Salud (Amanprana)
- 1 Veggie Protein Bloc – Wheat
- Fleur de sel (Amanprana)
Preparation of quesadilla with manitoba seitan and grilled courgette
How to turn your tortilla into a quesadilla …
- Thinly slice the courgette lengthwise.
- Sprinkle the slices with a little Fleur de sel, coat with olive oil, and fry in a hot grill pan for a couple of minutes until golden brown.
- Spread a spoonful of tapenade or pesto over the tortilla and place the fried courgette on top.
- Cut the seitan into thin slices and fry them evenly in the pan in a little olive oil, then lay them on top of the courgette.
- Cover with thin slices of tomato and the cheese of your choice.
- Sprinkle over a pinch of Orac Botanico mix spicy and place the other tortilla on top.
- Grease the frying pan by rubbing a little olive oil over it with a paper towel.
- Place the frying pan on the element and fry the quesadilla for a couple of minutes, until light brown.
- Use a plate or lid to help you turn the quesadilla over, and cook until the other side is also light brown.
- Cut the quesadilla into 8 pieces.
Delicious with a salad or as an appetiser.
Tip of Chantal:
A ‘quesadilla’ is really just a filled tortilla. Nothing could be simpler! Quesadillas are a classic representative of Mexican food.
Do you love Mexican food? Do you want to cook Mexican food at home? If you do, then a quesadilla recipe is a great place to start. To make a quesadilla, you always start with tortillas – the most quintessential element of Mexican cuisine. A quesadilla is really just a filled tortilla, and you can actually fill the tortilla with anything you like. Just make sure you don’t overfill it, or you’ll run into difficulties when it comes time to fry it. Cooking Mexican food is fun, and the flavours are unbelievable!
Mexican food is very versatile! This quesadilla is just as delicious on the barbecue