Ingredients for savoy cabbage bundles with seitan and a vanilla sauce with orange
- 4 large leaves of a savoy cabbage
- 1/2 Veggie Protein Bloc – Spelt
- 3 oranges, the juice
- 1 untreated lemon, the juice and zest (scraped off peel)
- 1 vanilla pod
- 4tbsp coconut blossom sugar (Amanprana Gula Java Brut)
- 10g of fresh ginger
- Olive oil (Amanprana Verde Salud)
- 1tsp Spicy spice mix (ORAC Botanico mix with chili of Amanprana)
- A pinch of Fleur de Sel (Amanprana)
Preparation of savoy cabbage bundles with seitan and a vanilla sauce with orange
- Fill a big sauce pan with water and bring to a boil, blanch the savoy cabbage leaves for about 3 minutes and run under cold water.
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Cut the seitan in large and equal parts, season with the spice mix, fleur de sel and pepper and wrap them in the blanched leaves of the savoy cabbage.
- Put everything in an ovenproof baking dish, sprinkle generously with olive oil and add another pinch of fleur de sel.
- Put the dish in the oven for about 25 à 30 minutes.
- Dissolve the sugar in a pan with a bit of water, halve the vanilla pod lengthwise and add to the pan, together with the lemon zest (scraped peel).
- Caramelize briefly, deglaze with the orange and lemon juice and remove the vanilla pod.
- Arrange the savoy cabbage bundles on a plate, sprinkle with the sauce and serve as starter. Enjoy!
Tip of Stefano:
Vanilla, a not so common ingredient in a savory meal, but so tasty and healthy
A vanilla pod contains lots of different vitamins and even almost every type of mineral, except for selenium. Apart from being a source of vitamins, vanilla is a catalyst in the absorption of other vitamins and minerals.
The use of vanilla in a recipe, delicious combination with oranges
When using the marrow of a vanilla pod, you obtain a warm, slightly sweet and very typical taste. You can add it to the most common dishes, like pudding, desserts, cookies and sauces but you might surprise everyone by using it in a different way. In the following recipe, we have used vanilla adding a subtle twist to the dish; orange sauce and vanilla is a delicious combination and goes perfectly with the savoy cabbage bundles with seitan.