- 1kg fresh kale
- 1 onion
- 1 Veggie Protein Bloc
- Yeast free vegetable stock
- Fleur de Sel (Khoisan Fleur de Sel of Amanprana)
- 1tbsp Red Palm oil (Amanprana Red Palm oil)
Preparation of north german-style curly kale casserole with pieces of seitan
- Wash the kale thoroughly in a large bucket and remove the rough and large stems.
- Then Peel the onion and cut into large cubes.
- Now heat the red palm oil in a large sauce pan (7l or more ), add the onion and fry lightly.
- Then add the washed kale as well as the diced seitan.
- Turn down the heat about 2/3 and put the lid on the pan.
- Let it all simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes, stir and deglaze with 1 l of water.
- Add 1.5 tablespoon yeast free vegetable stock and stir again.
- Let it simmer on a small fire for approximately 1,5 hour, stirring regularly. Season with Fleur de Sel and pepper and serve with potatoes or rice.
Tip of Stefano:
A small tip: kale is often twice as tasty when you reheat it in the pan or oven the next day, or even two days later.
Kale full of nutrients, Vitamin K and antioxidants. In addition delicious in recipes.
You simply cannot miss kale, this is actually one of the most healthy vegetables, contains a wide variety of nutrients and -for that matter- a whole lot of them. Moreover, kale contains so much different types of vitamins that it exceeds the Dietary Reference Intake (DRI). No problem whatsoever, because this is actually a recommended minimum. The very high amount of vitamin K in kale influences our cells that have a positive impact on inflammation. Many lifestyle diseases are caused by small infections in body cells that allow diseases to emerge. Think of – for example- diabetes and cancer, but also cardiovascular diseases.
Kale versatile: use in soup, stamppot, stew or mixed in healthy salads.
Besides healthy, kale is very versatile. You can use it in countless ways in your dishes, even raw it tastes delicious. Try mixing it in your salad, stir fry with other vegetables, add in an omelet, make a kale soup or use it in a delicious stew, as shown in the following recipe. The combination with seitan makes it exquisite!