Ingredients for vegetarian saté of seitan with peanut sauce
For the vegetarian saté:
- 400g Veggie Protein Bloc – Spelt
- 4 (wooden) sticks?
- a drizzle of coconut oil (Amanprana)
For the peanut sauce:
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a drizzle of Amanprana extra virgin coconut oil
- 125g of roasted peanuts
- 200 ml of coconut milk or water
- 1 or 2 fresh chilli peppers
- 1 tablespoon of Gula Java coconut blossom sugar
- a drizzle of Ketjap manis soya sauce
Preparation of vegetarian saté of seitan with peanut sauce
- Break the Veggie Protein Seitan – Spelt Bloc into pieces to produce a more chicken-like texture and thread these pieces onto a stick.
- Grill the satays in a grill pan with a little coconut oil, until they turn golden brown.
- Chop the shallots and garlic finely and simmer them in a pan with a little coconut oil.
- Add the peanuts and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the coconut milk or water, the diced chilli peppers, the coconut blossom sugar and the Ketjap manis soya sauce.
- Mix everything together to obtain a smooth sauce, adding more water if necessary.
Tip of Chantal:
Saté is originally an Indonesian and Malaysian dish that consists of several pieces of roasted meat on a thin wooden skewer. With this recipe we replace the meat with protein-rich and low-carbohydrate seitan.