Ingredients for vegetarian seitan carpaccio with soy sauce and wasabi marinade
- 1 Veggie Protein Bloc – Wheat
- A pinch of fleur de sel (Amanprana)
- A pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (Amanprana Hermanos Catalan)
- 1 tbsp walnut oil (Amanprana Perigord walnut oil)
- 1 tsp seasoning mix (Amanprana Orac Botanico seasoning mix with chilli)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 2 tbsp white wine
Preparation of vegetarian seitan carpaccio with soy sauce and wasabi marinade
- Cut the seitan into wafer-thin slices with a meat slicer or a sharp knife and arrange these on four plates.
- Add fleur de sel and pepper and drizzle a little lemon juice over the slices.
- Coarsely chop the parsley and use to garnish the plates.
- Combine the olive oil, walnut oil, seasoning mix, soy sauce, wasabi, fleur de sel, pepper and white wine to make a marinade.
- Pour generously over the seitan and flat leaf parsley and serve immediately, while the seitan is still cold. Bon appetit!
Tip of Stefano:
Vegetarian carpaccio recipe as an alternative to the classic Italian starter.
Carpaccio is a classic Italian entrée which has become so popular that it is now a regular feature on restaurant menus throughout Europe. Although wafer-thin slices of beef fillets normally form the base of a dish of carpaccio, we wanted to offer a nicer, healthier alternative. Vegetarians and vegans are always looking for recipes which meet their need to put a varied, but more importantly tasty meal on the table. This recipe for vegetarian carpaccio made from seitan is the perfect entrée.
The possibilities for vegetarian carpaccio
You can of course make vegetarian carpaccio in many different ways: using portobello mushrooms, tomatoes, aubergines, courgettes or beetroot. In principle, the possibilities are endless. What makes seitan so suitable is that seitan is high in protein but low in carbohydrates. And don’t forget that it’s super tasty and easy to make!
This document has been edited with the free version of the instant HTML converter. Try it here and use it every time for your projects.