Ingredients for vegan curry marinade with turmeric and ginger. perfect for barbecues!
- 1 Veggie Protein Bloc – Spelt
- 30 g fresh ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ tablespoon Amanprana ORAC Botanico-mix, spicy herbs
- ½ chili
- 8 tablespoons Amanprana Verde Salud extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Amanprana extra virgin walnut oil
- 4 teaspoons Indian curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Khoisan fleur de sel
- A pinch of multicoloured pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Amanprana Gula Java Brut Coconut blossom sugar
Preparation of vegan curry marinade with turmeric and ginger. perfect for barbecues!
- Combine all the ingredients except for the seitan using a food processor or hand blender until the coconut blossom sugar is completely dissolved.
- Cut seitan slices of about 1.5 cm in thickness and place in freezer bags together with the curry marinade for at least 6 hours, and preferably 12-24 hours.
- Grill the seitan over a charcoal fire for 3-5 minutes per side (depending on the temperature of the barbecue).
- Sit back and enjoy your deliciously marinated seitan!
Tip of Stefano:
What is turmeric?
Turmeric is a spice that is extracted from the Curcuma longa plant. It is a standard ingredient in curry and adds to the taste and gives it its yellow colour. Turmeric tastes slightly bitter and peppery and is a very common spice in Oriental cuisine. Aside from recipes such as this one for curry marinade for seitan, turmeric is also great in sauces, salad dressings, salsa or in drinks. Turmeric tea, for example, is a healthy tea that is easy to make and tastes deliciously rich. Be sure to remember turmeric when barbecuing. It will make your outdoor meal more colourful, flavourful and healthy.
Is turmeric healthy?
The Curcuma longa or turmeric plant is a member of the ginger family and shares a great many healthy properties with it. Turmeric has been used for thousands of years to combat a wide range of ailments in Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicine. Turmeric can be used both internally and externally. Its most important ingredient is curcumin, an antioxidant that acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.