- 2 Veggie Protein Steaks – Spelt
- 100 mL olive oil (Amanprana Verde Salud)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 bunch chives
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 Sprig of fresh mint
- 1 tbsp seasoning mix (Amanprana ORAC Botanico mix)
- 1 tsp multicoloured peppercorns
- 1 tsp fleur de sel (Amanprana)
Preparation of vegetarian herb steaks with mint marinade.
- Using a sharp knife, finely chop the fresh herbs and garlic and place in a bowl.
- Add the finely-ground seasoning mix, multicoloured pepper, fleur de sel and the other ingredients to the fresh herbs and combine to make a marinade.
- Thickly coat the steaks with the marinade and wrap the steaks individually in aluminium foil.
- Leave the steaks in the fridge overnight and remove from the foil before grilling.
- Place the steaks on the barbecue and grill for five minutes on each side until an attractive brown crust forms.
- Before serving, pour the rest of the marinade over the steaks and sprinkle with the seasoning for extra flavour. Bon appetit!
Tip of Stefano:
Mint as a marinade: fresh: healthy and full of zing
Mint is perfect to use to give flavour to your marinades, as in this recipe for a marinade for seitan. When we think of mint, we usually think of menthol, which is used in peppermints or toothpaste to freshen up the mouth. As for fresh mint, we primarily associate that with peppermint tea. But as well as its fresh flavour, mint also has an antibacterial effect. Eating mint leaves used to be a popular way to soothe stomach cramps and the scent of mint was used to combat nausea. Drinking peppermint tea can also reduce your appetite.
Adding mint to your meals Mint has a lovely fresh flavour
Looking for inspiration on how to use mint in your meals? This recipe for herb steaks with mint and parsley marinade is surprisingly tasty. When you use mint in your meals, it’s important not to use too much; mint has a strong flavour and can dominate the dish. If you really do want a strong mint flavour, you can grind the mint with a pestle and mortar. This will really bring out the minty flavours. Combine the mint with other herbs or a little coconut blossom sugar and enjoy the lovely fresh flavour.