Ingredients for manitoba seitan burger
- 4 wholemeal buns
- 1 red onion
- a few leaves of lettuce
- 4 Veggie Protein Steaks – Natur
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 slices of cheese
- 1 pickle or cucumber
- coconut oil (Amanprana)
Preparation of manitoba seitan burger
- Cut the wholemeal buns in half.
- Peel the onion and cut it into rings.
- You can use the onion raw or caramelise it in a little coconut oil on low heat.
- Take the tomatoes and cut them into thin slices, just like the pickle or cucumber.
- Fry the slices of seitan in a little coconut oil until they are crispy.
- Take the bottom half of a wholemeal bun, lay a lettuce leaf on it, a slice of seitan, two slices of tomato, pickle or cucumber and a slice of cheese and heat this bun in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Take the top half of the bun, spread it with a little mustard and ketchup. Put this on top of the melted cheese and there you have your seitan zen burger!
Tip of Chantal:
Of course, you can also make this burger with your favourite toppings such as guacamole, hummus, tomato salsa, ….