- 500g pasta (Spelt pasta Penne)
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 250g rocket
- 1 red chili (spicy)
- 2 Teriyaki Protein Tops
- 200 g peeled cashew nuts
- 100 à 250 ml water
- Fleur de Sel (Amanprana)
Preparation of spicy pasta with chickpeas, seitan, rocket and teriyaki cream sauce
- Empty the can of chickpeas and rinse.
- Wash the rocket and chop up the chili (fine).
- Remove the seeds of the chili if you’re not a big fan of spicy.
- Put some olive oil in a pan and heat; briefly roast the chopped chili.
- Add the chickpeas and stir briefly.
- Then add the seitan and stir again.
- Turn down the heat and add the washed rocket.
- Let it stew briefly.
- Mash the cashew nuts in a blender adding a bit of water to get a creamy consistency.
- Add the cream to the sauce.
- Season with Fleur de Sel and pepper and let it soak for a while.
- Next, cook the pasta al dente in generously salted water and add to the sauce.
- Put everything back on the stove and stir well.
- Sprinkle with roasted and coarsely chopped cashew nuts and serve.
Tip of Stefano:
Pasta with chickpeas, seitan and cashew nuts. A combination to feast on.
Pasta and chickpeas may sound to most of you like a very strange combination. It actually isn’t that strange.
‘Pasta e ceci’ is a tried and tested Italian recipe and considered to be real comfort food. With partially mashed chickpeas and a bouillon. The following recipe has both the chickpeas and the pasta, but is slightly different. We use a Penne and a seitan marinated in teriyaki. Vegetarian and full of proteins.
Did you know that the teriyaki flavor perfectly matches the seitan, chickpeas and pasta combination? Three elements that perfectly absorb any flavor. The cream of cashew nuts gives the dish a deliciously creamy touch.
Make it as spicy as you want; by using the whole chili or removing the seeds and the membranes you can create a big difference. Buy the ingredients, follow the recipe and you’ll soon discover you’ve got a winner !