Ingredients for seitan with grilled vegetables, fresh herbs and blue potato
- 6 Waxy potatoes
- 6 Blue potatoes
- 8 carrots
- 4 baby zucchini
- 4 baby eggplant
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 Veggie Protein Steaks – Spelt
- Fresh herbs, like rosemary, thyme and lavender
- Spicy spice mix (Preferably Amanprana ORAC Mix with chili)
- 2tbsp olive oil (Amanprana Verde Salud)
- Fleur de Sel (Amanprana)
Preparation of seitan with grilled vegetables, fresh herbs and blue potato
- Cook the potatoes in slightly salted water.
- Make sure they remain quite firm. Let them cool down and cut into fine slices.
- Prepare a marinade of olive oil, fleur de sel, pepper, the spicy spice mix and the fresh herbs.
- Clean the vegetables and cut them into the desired shape.
- Cut the seitan in razor-thin slices.
- Add to the potatoes and vegetables in a big bowl and apply the marinade with a brush.
- Let it sit for at least two hours.
- After the marinade is well soaked, grease the grill plate with a bit of olive oil.
- Grill the vegetables and the seitan, leaving them somewhat crispy.
- Season with some fleur de sel and pepper.
- Add some fresh herbs. Serve while still hot. Enjoy.
Tip of Stefano:
The blue potato: a tasty and colorful potato variety, ten times more powerful than vitamin C
The blue potato is mostly still unknown in our kitchen, yet it is one to remember. Not only very tasty, it is very good for your health. Opposite the ‘ regular ‘ potato, this one has some extra features. Even if this blue potato is a bit more difficult to obtain as well as somewhat more expensive. The most known variety of the blue potato is the French Vitelotte, or truffle potato.
The blue potato; anti-hypertension. Full of anthocyanins.
If you eat blue potatoes on a regular basis, you can lower your blood pressure and even lose a bit of overweight. How come? Due to the secondary vegetable substances, the anthocyanins which also give the blue-purple color you also find in eggplants, red beets and black grapes. The bluer the potato, the more anthocyanins it contains. This substance is about ten times more powerful than vitamin C. Not altogether a bad idea to use it in the following recipe.