- 100g onion
- 100g hazelnuts
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 200g Veggie Protein Bloc – Natur
- Fresh parsley
- 50g buckwheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sesame paste (tahini)
- Amanprana Coconut oil extra virgin
- Amanprana Orac Botanico mix, mild
Preparation of seitan patties
Easy to make, nutritious seitan patties, a great source of protein! Sugarless patties made with tahini, coconut oil and seitan!
These savoury seitan patties with tahini are baked in a frying pan instead of in the oven.
- Peel the onion and chop finely.
- Grind the hazelnuts and breadcrumbs.
- Finely chop the seitan and parsley.
- Mix the onion, hazelnuts, breadcrumbs and seitan with the parsley, buckwheat flour and tahini.
- Season the mixture with Orac Botanico mix, mild.
- Shape the mixture into flat patties.
- Heat up some of the coconut oil or olive oil in a pan and cook the patties on both sides until you obtain a nice crust.
Tip of Miki Duerinck:
Turn the ingredients of the seitan cookies into a hamburger! The recipe for savory seitan cookies comes from the cookbook “Veggie for starters” with Miki Duerinck & Kristin Leybaert (vegetarische kookstudio).