- 2 Veggie Mince
- 1 large onion
- 1 red pepper
- a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (Amanprana)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Flamuno or Immuno Botanico-mix (Amanprana)
- 4 large tomatoes
- fresh ground pepper
- a pinch of fleur de sel (Amanprana)
Preparation of vegetarian spaghetti bolognese with seitan
- This is a very easy pasta sauce.
- Separate the mince as described on the packet.
- Cut the onion and the pepper into thin half rings.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil and fry the onion and pepper rings.
- Crush the garlic and add this to the vegetables, when tender.
- Lower the heat.
- Add the seasoning mix and simmer gently.
- Stir regularly, so that the herbs do not become burnt or scorched.
- Mix the seitan into the sauce and continue simmering gently.
- Cut the tomatoes into cubes.
- Add these and simmer for a further 45 minutes.
- Season with a little pepper and fleur de sel.
Tip of Serge:
This recipe is the perfect basic recipe for a vegetarian spaghetti bolognese .
Also called spaghetti Seitanese, because of the vegetarian minced meat of Bertyn. This recipe is the perfect basic recipe for a vegetarian spaghetti bolognese. The minced meat in this classic dish is in fact replaced by vegetarian seitan minced meat. Bertyn minced meat is organic, delicious in taste and texture, low in fat, low in carbohydrates and high in protein. In short, the ideal meat substitute for the vegetarian, vegan and flexitarian of any age. Due to its high protein content and low calorie content, our seitan is also ideal for the athlete.
Want to make the sauce even yummier? Stir in a little parmesan cheese and let it melt into the sauce. (NB: Parmesan is not vegan.) You can shorten the cooking time for this recipe by using a yummy tomato passata instead of fresh tomatoes. For a bit of variety, top off the sauce with some basil.