Ingredients for teriyaki seitan with rice and peas
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 120 g Fresh or frozen peas
- 200 g snow peas
- 300 g fresh spinach
- 150 g broccoli rosettes
- 2 packets Teriyaki Protein Tops
- 200 g fresh sprouts of your choice, preferably home-grown.
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons Amanprana red palm oil
- 1 teaspoon Amanprana ORAC botanico mix herbs
Preparation of teriyaki seitan with rice and peas
- Wash the basmati rice and bring it to the boil in 4 cups of water, turn the heat to low and add the peas.
- Place the lid on the pan and let the rice cook slowly until all the water is absorbed.
- Put the pan to one side until the rice is to be served.
- Clean and rinse the vegetables.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Roughly chop the spinach, broccoli and snow peas and put aside in a bowl.
- Heat up a wok and add the Red palm oil.
- Fry the garlic until it is golden brown.
- Next, remove the seitan blocks from the sauce/marinade and fry for around 5 minutes with the garlic.
- Then add the vegetables and cook (constantly stirring) until the spinach is completely soft. Add the marinade and soya sauce and quickly heat through.
- Season with salt, pepper and the herbs to create a delicious teriyaki sauce.
- Now add the sprouts and mix in with the other ingredients.
- Serve the teriyaki together with a scoop of the rice and peas.
Tip of Stefano:
What is teriyaki sauce or seitan ?
One often finds the term ‘teriyaki’ in Oriental recipes, but what exactly is teriyaki sauce? Teriyaki is a Japanese word that consists of two different parts: ‘teri’ means lustre and ‘yaki’ means baking or grilling. So teriyaki is a Japanese technique for grilling and glazing. The term has become common in Western cuisine and teriyaki sauce is used in many Eastern dishes.
Making teriyaki sauce
It’s easy to make your own teriyaki sauce, and you can also create variations. The original teriyaki sauce involves a combination of soya sauce, sake, mirin and sugar, and can be used in wok dishes, for marinating and for glazing. Today you can also find teriyaki marinade or sauce on supermarket shelves, but of course it’s much healthier when you make it yourself using healthy organic ingredients. Delicious in rice or with other Japanese dishes