- 500 g Pasta
- Teriyaki Protein Tops
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Large onion
- 200 mL White wine (choose vegan white wine)
- 1 pinch Fleur de sel (Khoisan fleur de sel)
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- ½ tsp Seasoning (Amanprana ORAC Botanico mix, spicy)
- 3 tbsp Olive oil (Amanprana Verde Salud)
- 2 tbsp Sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp Yeast flakes
Preparation of vegan pasta recipe with seitan, onion and white wine sauce, and yeast flakes for a cheese flavour.
- Place sunflower seeds and yeast flakes in a 2:1 ratio in a blender.
- Add one large pinch each of fleur de sel and pepper and combine until you have vegan cheese, ready for sprinkling.
- Boil the pasta in a large quantity of salted water until ‘al dente’. Peel the garlic and onion and chop finely.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic and onion over a high heat until golden brown.
- Add the seitan and sear briefly.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and flavour with fleur de sel, black pepper and the seasoning mix.
- Pour the seitan and onion sauce over the pasta and sprinkle the yeast flake and sunflower seed mixture over the top.
- Serve immediately. Bon appetit!
Tip of Stefano:
Making tasty vegan pasta with yeast flakes instead of cheese
When you’re a vegan, there are many recipes you can’t eat. But well-known recipes are often yummy when prepared in a vegan way, and there are also plenty of delicious alternatives out there. This recipe is a great example. The meat in this pasta recipe has been replaced with delicious seitan. Just as yummy, and much healthier. The parmesan cheese which is often sprinkled over pasta is replaced with vegan cheese alternatives: sunflower seeds and yeast flakes. Mixing these together in a blender gives you a similar texture, as well as a similar flavour. Delicious. This tasty vegan pasta recipe couldn’t be easier. Enjoy!