- 1 pack of Veggie Protein Steak - spelt
- Plant-based butter (to cook the steak in)
- 250 grams of sweet potato
- Enough extra virgin coconut oil for frying
- 120 ml soy cream
- 100 ml vegan broth
- 25 grams of plant-based butter
- 20 grams of flour
- 1 scallion (only the green part)
- 1 tsp black pepper (peppercorns)
Preparation of vegan steak with pepper cream sauce and fries
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into French fries. Cut the spring onion into thin rings. In the meantime, heat up the extra virgin coconut oil melt in a saucepan and let it melt completely. (If you want to use a fryer you will need about 3-4 liters of coconut oil).
- Heat a pan with a dash of plant-based butter and cook the seitan steaks for approx. 5 minutes on each side. In the meantime, put the fries in the melted coconut oil and fry until they are golden brown. This usually takes around 7-8 minutes.
- While the seitan steak is cooking (don't forget to turn it over) and the fries are frying, heat up the plant-based butter in another pan. Caramelize the spring onions lightly.
- Add the flour to the spring onions and butter. Stir well until the mixture is light brown.
- Add the broth and bring to the boil. Crush the peppercorns with a mortar and pestle. Add to the sauce. Cook the sauce over a low heat to a smooth sauce. Lastly, add the whipped soy cream and stir well.
- Remove the fries from the coconut oil and let them drain on some paper towels before you divide them onto the two plates.
- Remove the vegan seitan steak from the pan and place it on the plate.
- Pour some of the vegan pepper cream sauce over the steak. Plate the fries next to the steak. Voila! A classic steak with a vegan twist.