For the vegetable stew:
- 200 g shallots
- 300 g carrots
- 250 g mushrooms
- 150 g Veggie Protein Bloc – Natur
- 1 slice of bread
- 12 prunes
- Olive oil, Verde Salud (Amanprana)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3 dl vegetable stock
- Fresh parsley
- Orac Botanico mix, mild (Amanprana)
For the stock:
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- Green of 1 leek
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 pieces of dried cep
- 1 dl white wine
- 2 laurel leaves
- Fleur de sel (Amanprana)
Preparation of vegetable stew with seitan
- Peel the onion. Roughly chop the onion, carrot and leek. Peel and crush the garlic.
- Pour 1 l water into a pan and add all the ingredients for the stock. Leave the stock to simmer for at least 15 minutes. Sieve the stock.
- Peel the shallots and slice the large ones into 6 and the smaller ones into 4 pieces. Slice the carrots lengthwise and then again into oblique slices. Cut the mushrooms into 4. Cut the seitan into cubes and the bread into small pieces. Stone and quarter the prunes.
- Heat up the olive oil and sauté the shallot over a low heat.
- Add the carrots and the thyme and place the lid on the pan. Steam the carrot until it is al dente.
- Add the mushrooms and steam with the other vegetables for a further 5 minutes with the lid on the pan.
- Now add the seitan, prunes, bread, soya sauce and mustard and douse with the vegetable stock. Season with Orac Botanico mix, mild and let everything cook through for a further 5 minutes.
- Add a little more vegetable stock if desired.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Garnish the stew with the parsley.
Tip of Miki Duerinck:
This vegetable stew recipe comes from the cookbook « Veggie voor starters » Miki Duerinck & Kristin Leybaert (vegetarische kookstudio) and is a tasty and healthy answer to the classic stew or vol-au-vent dishes that are extremely popular during the winter months.