Ingredients for vegetarian smoked bacon recipe made from seitan. deliciously tasty
- 1 Veggie Protein Bloc – Wheat
- 1½ tbsp Liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp Fleur de sel (Amanprana fleur de sel)
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil (Amanprana Verde Salud)
Preparation of vegetarian smoked bacon recipe made from seitan. deliciously tasty
- Slice the seitan into thick, uniform pieces and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine the remaining ingredients to make a marinade.
- Leave the seitan in the marinade overnight in a cool place, so that the seitan can fully absorb the flavours.
- The next day, place the seitan under the grill or on the barbecue and cook on both sides until the vegetarian smoked bacon is lovely and crispy.
- Season again with a little fleur de sel and serve hot, perhaps on toast or with salad.
- Bon appetit!
Tip of Stefano:
Many people love smoked bacon. Here’s a vegetarian version made with seitan
Bacon is a favourite with many people. It is meat which comes from the sides, belly or back of pigs. It’s preserved by salting, drying or smoking. This process also gives the meat its flavour. In the US and Canada, many subcultures have been built around bacon, by people who simply can’t get enough of it. They create and swap books, videos and recipes. With seitan, you can make delicious smoked bacon which is both vegetarian and vegan. Liquid smoke can be used to give the seitan a smoked flavour, which means it will go perfectly with many other dishes. Use it in sandwiches, salads, tapas or appetisers or on the barbecue. Delicious and full of flavour.