Ingredients for vegetarian lasagna with seitan mince
- 250 g of wholemeal lasagne (in sheets)
- 1 aubergine
- 2 courgettes
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (Amanprana)
- 125 g of mozzarella
- 100 g of strong-tasting grated cheese
- fleur de sel (Amanprana)
- 1 Veggie Mince
- black pepper
- a pinch of Immuno Botanico-mix (Amanprana)
For the tomato sauce
- 1 large onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- a dash of extra virgin olive oil (Amanprana)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons Immuno Botanico-mix (Amanprana)
- 4 large tomatoes
- a pinch of fleur de sel (Amanprana)
Preparation of vegetarian lasagna with seitan mince
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C.
- Place 8 or 9 individual sheets of lasagne (depending on the size of your oven dish) in plentiful cold water.
- Allow to soak for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the aubergine and courgettes.
- Grill them in a grill pan with a little olive oil.
- Make sure that the aubergine is cooked through.
- Make a tomato sauce as described in the recipe for Spaghetti Seitanese.
- Slice the mozzarella.
- Place the sheets of lasagne, tomato sauce and vegetables in separate layers with the mozzarella in a greased oven dish.
- Finish with a layer of vegetables.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 45 minutes.
Tip of Chantal:
Vegetarian lasagne with seitan mince: the ideal comfort food
With this recipe you make a vegetarian variant of the classic lasagna. Lasagne is real comfort food: relaxing and heart-warming. A perfect dish to make for friends and family. And remember: what makes lasagne so easy is that you can make the whole thing in advance. Just pop it in the oven and you’ve got a fabulously easy and delicious hot dish for dinner!
Feel free to use other vegetables such as parsnip, carrots, spinach … Let your imagination run free! A lack of leftovers in your fridge will let you know when you’ve found your perfect lasagne recipe!