Ingredients for burrito (or mexican tortilla) with avocado and seitan, topped off with broccoli
- 8 Wheat or maize tortilla or flatbread
- 400 g Veggie Protein Bloc
- 300 g Broccoli
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil (Amanprana Verde Salud)
- 200 g Cooked potatoes
- 2 Avocados
- 1 tuber Fresh wild garlic
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1 jar Mexican salsa
- 1 tablespoon Paprika powder, hot
- 1 teaspoon Fleur de sel (Amanprana)
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Herbs (Amanprana ORAC Botanico-mix, spicy)
- ½ teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 Lemon, the fresh juice of
Preparation of burrito (or mexican tortilla) with avocado and seitan, topped off with broccoli
Marinating the seitan:
- Place the seitan in a sieve and let the marinade drain off.
- Place the seitan in a mixture of four tablespoons of olive oil, one tablespoon of hot paprika powder, ½ teaspoon of chilli powder, one teaspoon of fleur de sel, one teaspoon of black pepper, the roughly chopped cloves of garlic and the juice of one lemon for around 20 minutes.
Preparing the potatoes and broccoli:
- Boil the potatoes for around 15 minutes until cooked.
- Break the broccoli into florets and cook until al dente, drain and set aside.
- Prick the potatoes with a fork and add to the broccoli.
- Next, heat up one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Fry the potatoes and broccoli at a high temperature for 5-8 minutes and then season with fleur de sel, pepper and herbs, then leave to rest in the oven at 50 °C.
- Place on the table when you are ready to eat.
Preparing the avocado:
- Halve the avocado and remove the seed. Make criss-cross incisions into the flesh and remove from the peel with a spoon. This will give you avocado cubes.
- Place the avocado in a bowl on the table.
Serving the burrito (Mexican tortilla):
- Clean the pan with paper towel and cook the seitan at a high temperature for about five minutes.
- Place on the table together with the Mexican salsa, the roughly chopped wild garlic and the tortillas.
- When ready to eat, first put avocado and Mexican salsa on the tortilla, then the wild garlic, the vegetable mix and a bit of seitan, and top off with tasty spices.
- Roll the tortillas up and enjoy!
Tip of Stefano:
Wraps Burrito or Mexican tortilla for genuine Mexican food
Tortilla is a word that is used in both Mexican and Spanish cuisine, but which means something different in each country. A Spanish tortilla is a thick omelette made with egg, potatoes and olive oil. The Mexican tortilla (also called a burrito), which we will be using here, is made from maize or wheat flour. The Mexican tortilla (burrito) is a type of unleavened flat and round bread. It is perfect for putting fillings on and then rolling up. Tortillas are delicious when you feel like a Mexican-style meal, but in the Western kitchen there are also plenty of great dishes involving the Mexican tortilla. You can fill tortillas with whatever you want, and the variations are endless. This recipe for a burrito (tortilla) with a seitan and avocado filling is a vegan dish and is refreshingly spicy.