- 2 Veggie Protein Seitan – Spelt Blocs
- 400 ml Barbecue sauce
- 200 ml Amanprana Hermanos Catalan Olive oil
- 400 ml Rape seed oil
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Small onions
- 3 tablespoons Agave syrup
- 3 tablespoons ORAC Botanico-mix, spicy Herbs
- 1 tablespoon Khoisan fleur de sel
- 1 tablespoon Paprika powder, hot
- 1 Lemon, the fresh juice of
- 1/2 Bunch of mint
Preparation of seitan marinade recipe. delicious for barbecues!
- Briefly mix all ingredients for the marinade with the mixer.
Tip of Stefano:
Marinating seitan? That’s how you do it
If you’re hooked on protein-rich seitan and healthy recipes, try a few variations in your cuisine. Although different types and flavours of seitan are available, marinating seitan yourself is a good way to add your own twist.
You can choose to cut the seitan into small cubes and stick it on a stick (ideal for the BBQ), you can also cut the seitan into thin slices (then the marinade penetrates nicely) or cut the seitan into thick stick and bake it nice and crispy in the pan.
When it comes to marinating seitan: the longer the better, and if possible marinate the seitan overnight. When this is not possible, grill or fry the seitan first before coating it with the marinade. Just before serving, briefly cook the seitan coated with marinade. This creates a delicious crust when, for example, the marinade contains coconut blossom sugar.