Ingredients for parsley root soup with almond milk and skewered seitan and cherry tomatoes
- 250 g Veggie Protein Bloc
- 2 parsley roots
- 1 small onion
- ½ l vegetable bouillon
- ½ l almond milk
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp herb mix (Amanprana ORAC Botanico mix spicy)
- 1 tsp Fleur de sel
- Black pepper
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil (Amanprana Verde Salud extra)
Preparation of parsley root soup with almond milk and skewered seitan and cherry tomatoes
- Peel the parsley root, onion and garlic and cut into equal cubes.
- Add to the vegetable bouillon and bring briefly to the boil.
- Simmer for ten minutes, then add the almond milk and puree with a stick blender until the soup is nice and creamy.
- Cube the seitan and place on wooden skewers, alternating with cherry tomatoes.
- Coat with olive oil, season with pepper, fleur de sel and herb mix and then grill on the barbecue or in the oven and serve with the soup. Enjoy!
Tip of Stefano:
Parsley root, a forgotten vegetable that must be remembered
It’s quite possible you have never heard of parsley root. That’s because it is one of the forgotten vegetables, but that does not make it any less tasty or healthy. As the name suggests, the parsley root is a type of parsley and a root. The root can grow up to 15 cm in length and tastes somewhat like celeriac or parsnip. Both the white root and the green leaves can be eaten.
Parsley root – tasty and healthy, rich in carotene, vitamin B2 and vitamin C
The parsley root is not only packed with flavour, it is healthy too, being rich in carotene, vitamin B2 and vitamin C. Add parsley root to mash, serve it as a vegetable, in a stew or, as in this recipe, as part of a delicious soup. This parsley root soup with almond milk and seitan makes a nice change. Re-introduce this forgotten vegetable for a great soup!