- 1 medium Savoy cabbage
- 1 Veggie Protein Seitan – Bloc
- 1 onion
- 0.75 l dry white wine
- 6 tbsp truffle oil
- 100 g cashew nuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp ORAC botanico herb mix
Preparation of delicious seitan stew with truffle oil and savoy cabbage
- Chop the Savoy cabbage into large pieces, wash and slice.
- Peel the onion and garlic and cube them and the seitan.
- Place the truffle oil in a large pot and heat, then fry the garlic and onion.
- Add the seitan and the Savoy cabbage and mix well and leave to brown for 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and bring to the boil. Halve the temperature and let simmer for around 15 to 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Place the cashew nuts and around 100-150 ml water in the mixer and puree. Add water until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Add to the Savoy cabbage stew and stir well.
- Leave to draw on a low flame for another 15 minutes with the lid on.
- Season with ORAC botanico mix, salt and pepper and serve with mashed potato, salad or another side dish. Mouth-watering!
Tip of Stefano:
Savoy cabbage: healthy, packed with vitamins C and K
Savoy cabbage is a delicious cabbage that is highly versatile. If you take a look at the nutritional values of Savoy cabbage it is immediately clear how healthy it is. A 100 grams of Savoy cabbage contains 42% of the recommended daily intake (RDI) of vitamin C, 80% of the RDI of vitamin K, 18% of vitamin A and 9% of vitamin B6. Moreover, Savoy cabbage contains almost all required vitamins as an added bonus. It can also combat cancer, as it contains glucobrassicin and indole-3-carbinol (I3C), substances that are known to prevent cancer. So when you eat this stew of Savoy cabbage, seitan and truffle oil, we not only enjoy it, we are also being very good to our bodies!