Ingredients for protein superfood shake with seitan, plums and camu camu
- 200 mL Filtered water
- 200 g Veggie Protein Bloc – Natur or Veggie Protein Steak – Natur
- 2 Dates
- 150-200 g Frozen plums (with the stones removed)
- 1 tsp Dried mulberries
- 1 tsp Camu camu powder
- 1 generous pinch Cinnamon
Preparation of protein superfood shake with seitan, plums and camu camu
This plum smoothie is best made in a blender. If a blender is not available, a food processor will also work.
- Place all ingredients in the blender and purée for approximately 1 minute and 50 seconds.
- Pour the smoothie into a sieve and leave to drip through, then serve this delicious wild plum smoothie in a chilled glass.
Tip of Stefano:
Using camu camu superfood powder. What is the superfood camu camu and why is it so healthy?
Camu camu powder is made from the purple-red fruit of the camu camu, a bushy tree which mainly grows in the Amazon region. The cherry-like fruit are actually too acidic to eat, but are delicious in powdered form. You can add camu camu powder to smoothies, fruit juice, or just a plain glass of water, and it also tastes great in desserts and yoghurt.
The healthy properties of camu camu superfood
The main property of camu camu is its high ascorbic acid content, better known as vitamin C. Unripe camu camu fruit contains about 2.5% vitamin C. That’s around 50 times more than an orange! The fruit also contains large quantities of beta-carotene. But camu camu contains so much more. This tiny fruit also contains generous amounts of vitamins B1 and B2, calcium, iron, phosphorus and potassium. Camu camu powder is best known for its effectiveness in fighting the herpes virus which causes cold sores. Also, the powder works as a sort of natural antidepressant.