Ingredients for vega sausage rolls
- 1 pack of Veggie Premium Mince from Bertyn
- 1 tbsp. mince herbs
- 10g binder (chia flour, cornstarch, kuzu,...)
- 1 tsp. mustard
- A pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp. water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pack of puff pastry: the quantity depends on the size of the sausage rolls.
Preparation of vega sausage roll
- Mix the Veggie Mince well with the rest of the ingredients.
- If opting for long sausage rolls, weigh approx. 60g/1pcs for small ones 30g/1pcs.
- Shape sausages from the mixture
- While doing so, squeeze instead of roll.
- Cut the puff pastry to the desired size, make sure that the sausage is covered with the puff pastry all the way round.
- Place the rolls on a baking tray covered with baking paper with the closure of the dough facing down.
- Brush them with the egg yolk
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 180°c for 25 min.
Tip of Serge:
As an extra, sprinkle the rolls with sesame or poppy seeds.