Ingredients for tropical barbecue kebabs recipe with seitan and papaya
- 700 g Veggie Protein Bloc
- 800 g papaya
- 4 red onions
- 6 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp mixed herbs & spices (Amanprana ORAC mix with chilli)
- A pinch of fleur de sel (Amanprana)
- A pinch of pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil (Amanprana Verde Salud)
- 8 long wooden skewers
Preparation of tropical barbecue kebabs recipe with seitan and papaya
- Take the seitan out of its packaging. Pat the seitan dry and cut into large cubes, approx. 3 cm square.
- Scrape out the seeds from the papaya, peel and slice the flesh into 3 cm cubes or just chunky strips.
- Peel the onions and cut into thin rings. Place on the skewers, alternating the seitan, papaya and onion rings.
- Dribble a little lime juice over the top and flavour with the seasoning mix, fleur de sel and pepper.
Cooking the seitan and papaya kebabs on the barbecue:
- Place the grill on the barbecue, around 10 cm from the flame.
- Lay the kebabs on the foil and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Keep turning the seitan and papaya kebabs and dribble oil over them from time to time.
Tip of Stefano:
Papaya, a delicious fruit that can be added to all sorts of healthy recipes
Papaya is a delicious fruit. It doesn’t have a particularly distinctive taste; it’s slightly bitter, but has a sweet flavour similar to the flavour of melon. Because papaya has such a neutral taste, it can be used in many different recipes. You can put it in a salad, eat it as a snack with a dipping sauce, add it to smoothies or fruit salads, or, as in this yummy recipe, combine it with seitan to make kebabs for the barbecue!
Papaya: great for your figure and very healthy. Lycopene and antioxidants
Papaya is packed with fibre, vitamins and especially antioxidants. Papaya contains particularly high levels of lycopene. Studies have shown that fruit and vegetables containing lycopene have a preventative effect against cancer. Your body can’t make lycopene for itself, so you have to get it from your food. So it’s a good idea to put papaya on the menu! It’s even better to combine lycopene with olive oil, for better absorption of the active substances.