Ingredients for baba ganoush soup with aubergine and fried seitan
- 2 Veggie Protein Steaks
- 2 aubergines
- 150 ml lemon juice
- 100 ml tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil (Amanprana Verde Salud)
- 1 tsp Fleur de sel (Amanprana)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1.5 l vegetable bouillon
- 1 bundle of flat-leaved parsley
Preparation of baba ganoush soup with aubergine and fried seitan
- Preheat the oven to 250 °C.
- In the mean time, halve the aubergines, make criss-cross incisions in them and rub in with olive oil. Season them with fleur de sel and pepper and cook in the oven for around 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and scoop out the flesh.
- Puree it together with the vegetable bouillon and the other ingredients.
- Peel the garlic, cut it finely and cook it in some olive oil until it turns golden.
- Cut the seitan into strips and add, frying until they are slightly crispy.
- Serve the soup with sprigs of parsley, lemon juice and the seitan strips. Enjoy!!
Tip of Stefano:
What is Baba Ganoush? A delicious aubergine dip
Baba Ganoush is a dip that originates from the Middle East and it can often be found in the more exotic supermarkets. But the taste of home-made Baba Ganoush is incomparable to the ready-made varieties. And it is often healthier to make your own Baba Ganoush too.
Baba Ganoush, a Mediterranean delicacy, used in soup in this recipe
Baba Ganoush is made with aubergine that is prepared under the grill or in the oven, after which its purple peel is removed and it is pureed. This is then combined with a little pepper and fleur de sel, olive oil and some lemon juice. Then herbs such as garlic and parsley are added for more flavour. Baba Ganoush can be savoured as a healthy snack, a hors d’oeuvres with bread or as a meze with a variety of other Mediterranean dishes. In this recipe Baba Ganoush is also used, but this time in soup. The soup perfectly highlights the delicious flavour of the aubergine.