Ingredients for creamy potato soup with pieces of seitan and almond milk
- 300g potatoes
- 300ml almond milk or other kind of vegetal milk
- 400g Veggie Protein Seitan cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 300 ml yeast free vegetable stock
- 1tbsp red palm oil (Amanprana Red Palm oil)
- ½ bundle of flat leaf parsley
- 1tbsp yeast flakes
- A pinch of fleur de sel (Khoisan fleur de sel)
- A pinch of pepper
- 1teaspoon of herb mix (ORAC herb mix spicy of Amanprana)
Preparation of creamy potato soup with pieces of seitan and almond milk
- Peel the potatoes, the garlic and the onion and dice them into small cubes.
- Fry briefly with the seitan in red palm oil and deglaze with the vegetable stock and the almond milk.
- Let it simmer until the potatoes are tender, season with salt, pepper, herb mix and yeast flakes.
- Chop the parsley very fine, stir the pieces through the rest of the pan and serve at once.
Tip of Stefano:
Use almond milk in this creamy potato soup with seitan.
Creamy potato soup for vegans. When you want to eat vegan you will occasionally look for alternatives for recipes and ingredients that are the most normal thing in the world for real omnivores. Like for example in this recipe; how do I make the soup more creamy? Luckily, nowadays more supermarkets offer many alternatives as substitutes. Yeast cubes for example, are very suitable for giving your soup a creamy/cheesy taste. By using almond milk, you can create a light creamy substance without making the soup too heavy and keeping it 100% vegan.