- 200 g Veggie Protein Bloc
- 100 g fresh garlic
- 50 g Brazil nuts
- 1 small red chilli pepper
- 1.5 l vegetable bouillon
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of chives
- 4 sheets of rice paper, soaked in cold water
- Olive oil (Amanprana Verde Salud)
Preparation of spicy soup of garlic and brazil nuts with crunchy seitan in rice sheets
- Peel the garlic, slice very thinly and fry until golden in a deep pan with some olive oil.
- Roughly chop the Brazil nuts and add to the garlic. Add the vegetable bouillon and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the chilli pepper and puree in a mixer.
- Cut the seitan into four equal pieces, season with salt and pepper and roll up in the rice sheets.
- Fry in plenty of oil until crisp and add to the soup together with the chopped herbs.
- Serve the hot soup immediately. Enjoy!
Tip of Stefano:
Brazil nuts are healthy, tasty and make creamy soups
Brazil nuts are possibly one of the most undervalued of the nut family. They are not only very delicious, they are also crammed with selenium, an important antioxidant that protects your body against free radicals. They grow in the rich soil of the Amazon that, together with the great deal of sunlight they receive, makes them very healthy. They are also rich in phosphorous, which is important for bone and tooth growth and upkeep. Add them to soup for a very creamy taste. The Brazilian nut has a gentle flavour which is only hinted at in this recipe.