- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (Verde Salud Amanprana)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- pepper and fleur de sel (Amanprana)
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt
- Vegetarian meatballs made from seitan mince
Preparation of greek tomato soup with vegetarian seitan mince balls
- Peel the tomatoes and cut into cubes.
- Chop the onion finely and crush the garlic.
- Fry the onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add the diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, cinnamon, thyme, pepper and salt. Allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and continue simmering for 40 minutes, before mixing thoroughly.
- Finally, add the Greek yoghurt and cook briefly.
- Serve with the seitan balls and sprinkle with fresh coriander, according to preference.
Tip of Serge:
A Greek tomato soup made with Greek yoghurt and seitan mince balls: creamy, fresh and brimming over with flavour
It’s not uncommon for us to be inspired by the Mediterranean region, from Spaghetti Seitanese to raw gazpacho. In this recipe Greece serves as the culinary inspiration. Greece has much to offer and it is the origin of so many delicious treats. Here at Bertyn we love to use Greek Ingredients, and for this soup we use Greek yoghurt to make it beautifully creamy and fresh. The flavour of this soup is truly unsurpassed, and it’s so easy to make.