Ingredients for raw gazpacho soup with watercress and seitan carpaccio
- 100 g Veggie Protein Bloc
- 6 quartered tomatoes
- 1 small courgette
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 spring onion
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp coconut blossom sugar (Amanprana Gula Java Brut)
- 2 tbsp yeast flakes
- 0.5 tsp herb mix (Amanprana ORAC Botanico mix)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 5 tbsp watercress
- 1 small onion
- 4 tbsp walnut oil (Amanprana Perigord extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 small red chilli pepper
Preparation of raw gazpacho soup with watercress and seitan carpaccio
- Slice the Tamari Seitan extremely thinly, drizzle with lemon juice and walnut oil and add salt and pepper.
- Clean the watercress and the onions.
- Peel the garlic and puree for 3 minutes in a blender together with the tomatoes, courgette, pepper, spring onion, water, coconut blossom sugar, yeast flakes, sweet paprika powder and the chilli pepper.
- Then mix in the watercress and onion and serve lukewarm together with the seitan carpaccio. Enjoy!
Tip of Stefano:
Watercress, delicious and healthy
If you want to add some bite to your raw gazpacho of other dish, watercress is the perfect taste enhancer. Watercress is a true mineral and vitamin bomb and has a very high nutritional value, as it is packed with antioxidants and vitamin C.
The watercress flavour is perfect for our gazpacho
Watercress has a very spicy – almost peppery – flavour as well as a hint of radish. It becomes even hotter after blossoming. The highly specific taste means you do not need a great deal of watercress in your dishes. Just add a little watercress to your salad or use it to make a delicious pesto. If you want to make full use of the flavour of watercress, then use it in soup, such as in this recipe. A delicious gazpacho with watercress, completed by the seitan carpaccio.