- 1 Veggie Protein Bloc
- 1 large onion
- 70 g of fresh ginger
- 4 chili pods
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 4tbsp olive oil (Amanprana Verde Salud)
- 3 colored peppers
- 1 lime, the juice
- 1tbsp thyme
- 1/2tsp nutmeg
- 1tsp cinnamon
- tsp allspice
- 1/2tsp clove
- 4tbsp lime juice
Preparation of jamaican seitan jerk with chili and ginger
- Peel the onion and cut it into pieces.
- Peel and grate the ginger and peel the garlic and cut into small pieces.
- Add the remaining herbs to make a marinade and mix half of it with the onions, the garlic, the ginger and the lime juice.
- Cut the seitan in two equally large disks and brush them with the remaining marinade.
- Allow both to marinate in the fridge for at least two hours, preferably the entire night.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and roast the marinated seitan well.
- Put on a baking tray and add the chili pods whole and the peppers in slices.
- Let it bake in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes at 180°C.
- Serve when hot.
- Serve with some rice or Turkish bread. Enjoy !
Tip of Stefano:
Jamaican jerky recipe. What is Jamaican jerk spice?
Unknown but certainly not unloved: Jamaican jerk spice. A delicious spice mix from the Caribbean; Jamaica to be exact. It is a really essential mix of herbs in your Jamaican kitchen. Meat and vegetables are covered with it before ending up in the oven or on the barbecue. A tasty and slightly spicy mix. Not just to make the meat more tasty, but also to extend the shelf life, not a luxury in this climate.
The recipe for a Jamaican jerk spice
There are several recipes for a Jamaican jerk spice, in addition, there are three ways to do it. You can do it dry, pasta-style or marinade. In the following recipe, we use the spice mix as a marinade. Seitan is perfect here because it is ideal for absorbing marinades. The thyme, chili pepper and allspice are indispensable.