- 1 Veggie Protein Bloc, ground or cut very finely into seitan
- 500 g onions
- 500 g leeks
- 1.5 l vegetable bouillon
- 200 ml white wine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150 g yeast flakes
- 100 g cashew nuts (soaked overnight)
- A pinch of pepper
- A pinch of fleur de sel (Amanprana)
- 1 tsp Herb mix (Amanprana ORAC Botanico Mix with chilli)
- 1 tbsp red palm oil (Amanprana)
Preparation of creamy leek soup with vegan cheese, seitan and cashew nuts
- Clean the onions and leeks and cut them into fine rings.
- Flash-fry the seitan mince in red palm oil, then add the vegetables and allow to cook on medium heat for around 20 minutes.
- Douse with the bouillon and the white wine and bring to the boil.
- Then mix with a stick mixer until the soup is creamy.
- It will be creamiest when you also puree the seitan, but you can also fry it separately and add to the soup later.
- Then add the yeast flakes, season with the herb mix and bring back to the boil.
- If the soup is too watery, add a few more yeast flakes.
- The soup is best if you leave it in the fridge overnight and reheat it the following day. Enjoy!
Tip of Stefano:
Leeks and cheese complement each other perfectly.
There are perfect combinations of flavours that seem to please everyone. Two primary ingredients in this recipe come together to form such a foodpairing – leek and cheese. This classic foodpairing did not simply spring into being, but has been tasted and approved by many, giving it legs for years. Leeks and cheese are the perfect base for many dishes – in this soup, in quiche or in an oven dish. Combine leeks and cheese and you’re guaranteed a successful meal.
Soup with vegan cheese, perfect for everyone
In our soup one of the ingredients is a little different – the cheese, which is vegan in this recipe. So when you check out all the ingredients in this recipe, you’ll find that it is completely vegan. The cheese, or rather the cheese taste, is obtained using yeast flakes together with cashew nuts. It’s a delicious and hearty recipe that is suitable for everybody.