- 100 g seitan, cubed and marinated in liquid smoke (Veggie Protein Bloc)
- 700 g potatoes
- 1.5 l vegetable bouillon
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- Freshly milled black pepper
- Fleur de sel (Amanprana)
- Herb mix (Amanprana ORAC Botanico Mix)
- 5 sprigs of chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp red palm oil (Amanprana)
Preparation of grandma’s potato soup with seitan fried in red palm oil
- Peel, wash and cube the potatoes and repeat with the carrots and celery.
- Bring the vegetable bouillon to the boil and add the prepared vegetables.
- Cook gently for around 25 minutes until ready.
- In the meantime clean the onions, dice and fry together with the seitan in the red palm oil.
- Briefly puree the vegetable bouillon and add the seitan and fried onion and leek.
- Mix well and season with a little fleur de sel, pepper and some herb mix.
- Just before serving, scatter parsley on top. Bon appétit!
Tip of Stefano:
Grandma’s potato soup, a healthy soup that’s full of flavour
In this modern version of authentic grandma’s potato soup – which might once have been eaten with smoked sausage – we use seitan, marinated in liquid smoke for that delicious smoky flavour. It’s a mouth-watering recipe that is ready in less than 45 minutes – in such a short time you can sit down to a lovely potato soup meal, deliciously spiced! The seitan fried in red palm oil spices up the soup just that little bit more and is also a complete taste sensation.