- 200 g Veggie Protein Bloc – Spelt
- 200 g precooked chickpeas
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 400 ml vegetable bouillon
- 200 g cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Fleur de sel
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (Amanprana)
- 10 cherry tomatoes
Preparation of protein-rich chickpea soup with grilled seitan and cherry tomatoes
- Cube the seitan and season it with a little fleur de sel and pepper.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and place them together with the seitan under the grill or in a pan.
- Dice the onion and peeled garlic and fry briefly in a pan with hot coconut oil.
- Add the chickpeas and top up with a little bouillon.
- Let boil briefly and then add the cashew nuts and lemon juice.
- Puree the soup and season with a little fleur de sel and nutmeg.
- Add the grilled cherry tomatoes and seitan just before serving.
Tip of Stefano:
The chickpea: from hummus to soup, versatile and healthy
The chickpea is the ‘in’ ingredient of the day. And that’s no coincidence, as the legume is packed with fibre and minerals, and is also very tasty. Although it first gained popularity in Mediterranean cuisine, today you can find it in Western dishes too. The chickpea does not have a dominating taste, which makes it so versatile. It is best-known as an ingredient in hummus together with tahini, which is used in the recipe for this soup.
Why are chickpeas so healthy?
Chickpeas can be bought in tins, precooked and macerated. Of course you can also prepare them yourself, but then soak them well in advance and at least overnight. Chickpeas are packed with fibre, making them very beneficial for your gut, with the fibre also reducing blood sugar fluctuations and making them great for diabetics. Aside from fibre, chickpeas also contain a great deal of protein. That means this recipe, combining chickpeas with seitan, is a truly protein-rich meal that is a perfect part of a low-carb diet.