Ingredients for tex-mex-style spare ribs marinade. yummy sauce for seitan with coconut blossom sugar
- Veggie Protein Bloc
- 500 mL Tomato sauce (preferably homemade)
- 100 mL Olive oil (Amanprana Verde Salud)
- 1 Onion
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Fresh red chillies
- 2 tbsp Seasoning (Amanprana ORAC Botanico mix)
- 4 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 Coconut blossom sugar (Amanprana Gula Java Brut)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Fleur de sel
Preparation of tex-mex-style spare ribs marinade. yummy sauce for seitan with coconut blossom sugar
- Peel the chilli, garlic and onion and chop into very small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and briefly fry the cubed vegetables until they begin to soften.
- Take the frying pan off the heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir until well combined.
- Finally, season the marinade with salt, black pepper and paprika, and pour the still-warm marinade over the seitan.
- Leave the seitan to rest for at least two hours so that it can soak up the spare ribs marinade before being fried or grilled.
Tip of Stefano:
Southwestern style: American Tex-Mex cuisine is packed with flavour
The style of cooking in the Southwestern United States is a cuisine in its own right. It’s very popular on the West Coast, particularly in California. It contains many recipes with roots in Spanish and Mexican cuisine. Ingredients, sauces and marinades use a wide variety of flavours and spices. There’s a lot of diversity in the ingredients used in Southwestern cuisine.
Tex-Mex cuisine and liquid smoke
This cuisine contains many meat-heavy recipes, but it is best known for its use of many spices, particularly chilli. Chillies of every colour are used. Tex-Mex cuisine, which is big in Texas, is a subset of the larger Southwestern style of cooking. In this recipe for a sauce or marinade, we use lots of spices, combined with maple syrup and coconut blossom sugar to sweeten. When liquid smoke is added, it gives it a mild smoky flavour, perfect for the barbecue! Use this marinade on seitan, and in no time at all you’ll have delicious vegan spare ribs, Tex-Mex style!