- 100 g onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 100 g pumpkin (flesh), cut into in small pieces
- 150 g seitan, ground
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsely
- 100 g hazelnuts, coarsely ground
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 50 g buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- pepper and salt
- olive oil
Preparation of vegetarian pumpkin burger
- Cook the onion in a little bit of olive oil.
- Add the garlic and the pieces of pumpkin. Cook until the pumpkin is cooked-through.
- Add the seitan and the parsely.
- Stir in the hazelnuts, the yeast flakes, the buckwheat flour and the soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions and make flat burgers. You can give the burgers a perfect round shape by filling a metal ring with a part of the mixture and stamping the mixture with, for example, the bottom of a glass. But you can also shape the burgers by hand.
- Cook the burgers in a little bit of olive oil, until golden brown (approx 2 minutes on each side).